What man intends for evil, God intends for good. Oh how these scriptures display the battle I have had in my heart and mind these last few days. To be sure, a good threshing involves fault and shame, but when you know the Lord, it also brings refinement, correction and restoration. Thank You, Abba, that all things are from Your hand for our eternal benefit.
"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat.
But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.
He said, "Listen...! This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's."
My count of blessings sharpens and continues as I endeavor to find the kernel of wheat...
261. For trials that bring my impurities to surface
262. For repentance, true forgiveness and grace
263. For struggles I can't see past, making me desperately seek the Lord
264. For seeing my own path more clearly
265. For the Lord's way, that He makes my path straight
266. For deliverance from my way, my understanding
267. For authority and choice
268. For freedom and pleasure
269. For the desire to know Jesus more personally
270. A lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
271. "It's a start"
272. For cold crisp blustery days
273. For babies in buntings and teddy bear hats
274. For woolen blankets crocheted and passed down, warming the next generation
275. For real, passionate, Christ-following, sister-friends
276. Understanding that the World can not understand, hence it will misjudge
277. Yellow rimmed front wheels
278. Golden flames on handed-down helmets
279. Rusty running pegs and chains
280. Little one's perseverance - his first bike ride
281. Nubby first tooth
282. Keeping the bathroom doors closed
283. Warm welcomes in the homes of family's family
284. Bright pink rose centered bows on locks of wind-blown golden girl
285. Brilliance in a boy, true understanding
286. My children's desire to worship the LORD!
287. More clothes, food, warmth, safety, protection and provision than I can count
288. A truly devoted and cheerful husband
289. Leather puppy dog shoes
290. Afternoon sunlight on oyster colored walls
291. Time to spend giving thanks, reflecting, counting
293. Sisters who know
294. The ability to make the choice to love in the strenth and grace of Christ Jesus
295. Time with my husband
296. New Bible Studies
297. Time weathered friendships, rooted and grounded in love
299. Smiling voice mails
301. Not my way, not your way, but God's alone - there is the safe and right road
302. His ways are higher than my ways, His thoughts higher than my thoughts
303. All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purposes
304. That God can be trusted, He alone is faithful
305. Seeing myself more clearly in His word
For all this and more, for Today, Lord. Thank You. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You.
P.S. I will endeavor to type out my story of how I came to know the Lord, my testimony. I started a new Bible study and day one is to recount my deliverance. So, I will be publishing my witness, the evidence of the Most High God in my life, soon.
"This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Write down for the record everything I have said to you..."