Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Mercies

Repeatedly I am convicted by my oft-repeated sins and defeated by my in-ability to live a sinless life in my own strength. But God is so good. Through all that I may encounter, He calls to me. Reminding me that salvation and freedom from sin can be found in Him. He is my Righteousness.

These verses ring true to my heart. They are verses that the Lord has lead me to over and over. Words that I needed to be reminded of again, today.

Lamentations 3:19-42

19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,

the bitterness and the gall.

20 I well remember them,

and my soul is downcast within me.

21 Yet this I call to mind

and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,

for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;

great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;

therefore I will wait for him.”

25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,

to the one who seeks him;

26 it is good to wait quietly

for the salvation of the Lord.

27 It is good for a man to bear the yoke

while he is young.

28 Let him sit alone in silence,

for the Lord has laid it on him.

29 Let him bury his face in the dust—

there may yet be hope.

30 Let him offer his cheek to one who would strike him,

and let him be filled with disgrace.

31 For men are not cast off

by the Lord forever.

32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion,

so great is his unfailing love.

33 For he does not willingly bring affliction

or grief to the children of men.

34 To crush underfoot

all prisoners in the land,

35 to deny a man his rights

before the Most High,

36 to deprive a man of justice—

would not the Lord see such things?

37 Who can speak and have it happen

if the Lord has not decreed it?

38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High

that both calamities and good things come?

39 Why should any living man complain

when punished for his sins?

40 Let us examine our ways and test them,

and let us return to the Lord.

41 Let us lift up our hearts and our hands

to God in heaven, and say:

42 “We have sinned and rebelled

and you have not forgiven....

He has not forgiven only because we have not asked for forgiveness. May we examine our ways and humble ourselves before Him and cling to the hope and knowledge of His unfailing love.

1Jo 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

God's mercies are new every morning. Why should any living man complain when punished for his sins? As long as I am alive on this earth, I have hope for God's forgiveness. May I not tarry to seek His face.

This life is not about lamenting mistakes. It is all about learning from them.

He knows me better than I know myself, and He loves me.

Just as much as He loves you.

Thank You, Jesus.

In all appreciation, Amen.