Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Snippets

Play with your kids throughout the day,
I find you get more done that way. ~ c.s.

That I may fulfill this little snippet I came up with one day,
Lord, hear my prayer:

Lord, let me be a child,
with my children.
Let me play and enjoy,
marvel and wonder,
stop and examine,
listen and learn,
turn and repent,
cry and be comforted,
guided gently by
Your hand along the way.

May I learn to be a child
while my children are still children.
That we may grow together
in the knowledge of You.

May we be joined in this life
through mutual experiences
of Your grace and love,
with great thanksgiving.
For these are the seeds
I wish to sow in the fertile ground
of these youthful hearts.

Make me a little child Lord,
that I may be Yours.
Change me daily, fill me with joy,
with ears to hear and eyes to see
that I may guide those that follow me.
And in your shadow may we rest,
for only there are we safely blessed.

Make me a child Lord,
only Yours.
Embracing Your teaching
upward, higher, ever-reaching.
Needing, wanting, You provide.
Lord, may I leave behind my pride.
Childlike, lowly, much to learn,
fill me Lord, with Your fire to burn.
Lower, lower, higher still
with Your presence, all of me fill.

Make me a child, Lord
innocent and sweet
for all of my desires
You promise to meet.
Nothing have I meaningful to teach
save Your ever-loving hand to reach.
Guide us, carry us, train us still
so that our purposes me may fulfill.

May I be a child Lord,
a little girl with laughter,
may I know the freedom of
a daughter of The King.
Teach me to be just like You
for All in all, my Dad is able.
Bring us to Your wedding table.

Crayons, blocks, books and markers,
may they make us ever sharper,
keener still to look for Thee
for with Your glory we will be.

Let me be a child Lord,
resting in Your arms,
fully dependent and delightfully stable.
Father guide us, as You are able.

Luk 2:40 And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.

Luk 9:47 Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him.

Luk 9:48 Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all-he is the greatest."

Luk 18:17 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

My I grow with my children in wisdom, and may the grace of God be upon us. Thank You, Father. It's good to know You.

Help me to remember what it's like to look up to the counter-top.

Amen.