Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Paid for that Nut

There it was... amid a deep dusting of pecan crumbles down at the very bottom corner of the bag. I had already eaten about 30 pecan halves, but there was one more. Just one. Well, I'm not going to throw it away, I thought, I paid for that nut....

Ah! Oh Lord...

Jos 1:5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Hbr 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Jhn 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

Jhn 10:29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

Jhn 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

Jhn 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

1Cr 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

1Cr 6:20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

What a thought to have during this Easter season, the price that was paid, for me and for you, and because of that great price, how valuable we are to The Lord God.

Thank you, Lord, for showing me, even in such a small way, how very precious I am in Your sight.

Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Worth reaching down in the bottom of the bag, amid all the remnants, to bring me out, that one last little nut. Not discarded, but valued, and more importantly, desired. May I not only see myself rightly, I am just a little nut, but may I also see myself as You see me,
paid for.

Worth suffering greatly for, unto death. You gave
Your life, that I might be where You are, forever. Thank you, Jesus.

Lord, amid this season of repentance and rebirth, I so appreciate all that You have given me to think on. May I be rooted and grounded in this Great Love You have for me. May I love You, all the more.

Amen. :-)