Saturday, October 16, 2010

Who's Your Sweetie?

Proverbs 25:27 (New International Version)
It is not good to eat too much honey,
nor is it honorable to seek one's own honor.

Satan hands us a bag of whatever we think we want or need and says, "Here kid, make yourself sick."  As if he's doing us a favor.  We've all done this, and may still be doing this, over indulging in self.

If you pursue yourself, you will only make yourself sick.  Trust me.  As it is true with honey, it is true with me.  Only the Lord satisfies, only His glory ever increases.  Of Him, I can never have too much.  He knows my dearest desires even more than I know them.  Do not be deceived.  Pursue His righteousness alone.

Psalm 37:4 (New International Version)
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

You can not serve two masters.  Choose this day whom you will serve.

In the Love of Jesus,

Carmen Sunshine