Friday, June 27, 2008

I Am Healed

"See my ouchie Momma?" Sam asked me, raising her foot up high in the air for me to see. She was sitting in her car seat examining her toes.

"Yes I do, Sam. It's all better. That's so good!" I said.

I couldn't really see it, but I had seen it the night before and knew that the large infected ant bite between her big toe and the next had sealed itself, shriveled and was ready to fall off. I had scratched at it and off it came. Beneath where the festered green swelling had been was fresh new pink skin and only a remnant of dead skin from where it had been attached while it was healing.

"Momma, is my ouchie all better?" Sam asked.

"Yes, baby. It's all gone." I said with a smile.

"Is it going to come back, Momma?" She asked.

Laughing a little at the innocence of the question, I replied, "No baby, once God heals an ouchie it's all done." But then I heard the answer in my heart as I spoke it and recognized the Spiritual truth that was being taught to both of us that moment.

"It can't come back, because it's all better." I added, as I recalled some freshly healed wounds that had been hidden deep in my past. How miraculously true that is, I thought. They are gone, aren't they?!

Yes, Lord. That is so true. Once that wounded flesh has been healed, sealed, cleansed, remade with all the illness removed, it is all better. A scar may remain, but that which is beneath it is whole. It has feeling and is pink with life. It is no longer harboring illness or dis-ease.

I am whole because You have healed me. Healed by my Jehovah-rapha, it is the Lord who heals. I have peace, given by God's grace. You are so good, God.

Jer 17:14
Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed;
Save me, and I shall be saved,
For You are my praise.

Thank you Lord, for Your miraculous healing. For showing us what you wish to do for our souls by that which You do through our bodies. You are amazing!

May I come running to bring all my ouchies to You!

Thank You Lord, and thank You for Sam, too. With all my heart.

Amen. :-)

Psa 41:4 I said, "LORD, be merciful to me; Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You."

2Ch 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Isa 61:1 "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

Isa 57:19
"I create the fruit of the lips:
Peace, peace to him who is far off and to him who is near,"
Says the LORD,
"And I will heal him."

Mat 8:7 And Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him."