Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Endeavor to Receive It All

My 1000+ Gifts:

As I began counting my gifts yesterday...

I was destracted by the doing's of a mother of four and an hour later caught myself not counting blessings, but cursings, difficulties, reasons to complain..... !!!

Ewwww....

That has been the habit of my heart, not gratitude. Not thanksgiving or looking for the refinement and blessing. Yikes.

Lord, please forgive me. Please remove this spirit of complaint from my heart. How can I complain against You?

Help me Lord, as I endeavor to count blessings. Help me to take my complaints and concerns to the Throne of Grace. There I can leave them at Your feet in prayer and thanksgiving, trusting that You will work it for the good of me and my family.

This morning I spoke this to my son in a moment of correction and love, as I did, the Lord God Almighty spoke it also to me:

I CAN LOVE YOU (give, correct, admonish) ALL DAY LONG. BUT IT IS NOT GOING TO DO YOU ANY GOOD UNTIL YOU LOVE ME (listen, receive, obey) IN RETURN.

Isn't that the truth? Isn't that so profound on every relational level.

How many people have you loved who never received it?

Why did I speak this to my son? Because I want to be loved?? No. Because I want my son to be BLESSED! Because I love my son, dearly.

The Lord can bless and bless and bless. But until we turn around and give thanks, acknowledge, receive, the gifts are merely thrown at our backs. Aimed directly, specifically at us, but uncaught, untouched, unreceived. Dropped. We, I, have dropped them.

If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
Jhn 14:15 If you love me, you will obey what I command.

Isn't that where the blessings lay? He tells us where to walk, how to follow, how to live life in such a strong and secure way that nothing can shake us or seperate us from His love. And yet, if we are hearers only and not doers, the blessings lie unopened. We remain unadorned. Love is obedience. Jesus loved perfectly. He continues to love perfectly.

If I love you more, will you love me less?
2Cr 12:15 So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well. If I love you more, will you love me less?

Isn't it right to return the love and adoration of such a great and awesome God?

Who is like the Lord of Hosts? There is no God like our God.
1Sa 2:2 There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.

Today, I endeavor to receive ALL that He has for me. Be it obviously good or in trusting that it will work for good, HE CAN ONLY BE GOOD. All the time.

Thank You, Lord. I do love you. I want to open every good and perfect gift you have for me and receive it in faith, trusting that it will work for my eternal benefit and divine blessings. Not only for me, Lord, because when You bless, it is cumulative, for my family and loved ones, and those around me as well. I will count my every blessing. My greatest blessing is YOU. Over and over and over.

Father, I turn around in love and embrace You. There is nothing like knowing there is ONE who is steadfast, trustworthy and good at all times and in all places. You are worthy of praise. May You be the desire of my heart, no matter what. Lovingly, and in humility and honesty, may this truth be walked out in my life today.

I turn to endeavor to give You thanks and to receive all of Your gifts. May I see them as You are.
You alone are good. Amen.

Carmen Sunshine