Thursday, May 8, 2008

Big Red Dogs and Old Orange Pots

Yesterday, and still today, I am sick with a very sore throat. Two of my children, Dylan and Jacob, have pink eye, runny noses and productive coughs. Several things have happened over the course of these days, with more still to come, I'm sure. Things to wallow in self-pity over, and things that remind me of God's grace, His constant presence and ability. All in all, the final message of anything I could type today is, that deception is distraction and distraction is deception. Don't be distracted and thus deceived. It is the Deceiver's greatest tool: distraction, half truth, misdirection. Keep your eyes on that which is good and lovely, pure and true.

Also, when we finally see our faults, let us be quick to change our course. Don't wallow in pride or shame. Confess it, receive forgiveness, and pick your next foot up and plant it in the right direction. Change your course. Make your very next step true and spend no more time on that wrong road. It will not only benefit you, but those you are watching you.

Lord, keep me from being distracted and deceived. Keep my eyes on You, Your Name and and all that You have revealed to me, all that You have written on my heart. Help me to be an effectual doer of the Word and not a forgetful hearer. I want to know You more, and to live for You, more. If I am a good mother, Lord, in the eyes of the world, it is only because of Your Grace that leads me, forgives me and gently guides me. Thy rod and thy staff, Your discipline and shelter, they do comfort me greatly. Thank You, Lord, for gently leading those who have young. Help me to love my children with Your heart. Help me to love myself, too. For where much grace is given, there is much to give. I submit myself to Your will, Lord. It is good and perfect. May these lessons not be lost on me.

Amen.

Here's one of my new favorite songs:

Rushing Wind

Rushing wind blow through this temple,
Blowing out the dust within,
Come and breathe you breath upon me,
I've been born again.

Holy spirit, I surrender, take me where you want to go,
Plant me by your living water,
Plant me deep so I can grow.

Jesus, you're the one, who sets my spirit free,
Use me lord, glorify, your holy name through me.

Separate me from this world lord.
Sanctify my life for you.
Daily change me to your image,
Help me bear good fruit.

Every day you're drawing closer.
Trials come to test my faith.
But when all is said and done lord,
You know, it was worth the wait.

Jesus, you're the one, who set my spirit free,
Use me lord, glorify, your holy name through me.

Rushing wind blow through this temple,
Blowing out the dust within,
Come and breathe you breath upon me,
For I've been born again.

by Keith Green

One last thing, I give great thanks to the Living God for my sisters and friends in Christ, for my husband and my earthly family, whom God has given me greater grace to love. Thank You, Jesus. When we submit ourselves to Him and love others as He does, you finally know its true - Jesus Loves You. The God of the universe, loves you, sees you, knows you, and wants to help you.

In Hope and Love,

Carmen