Monday, May 5, 2008

Standing in the Gap

Ezekiel 22:30 - I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so that I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.

Below is a prayer that I received from a woman that I didn't know at the time. She is now my prayer warrior who covers me as I study the book of James with her and many others. Around Christmas, I requested prayer for a friend of mine who is hurting. This is the email trail with her prayer for you. I pray that you are blessed by her prayer and encouraged that we have such a gracious God who puts our loved ones on our hearts, and the hearts of others, so that we might ask Him to intercede. Thank you, Lord. Thank you Michele.

Prayer for Hannah:

Gracious Heavenly Father,

We lift Hannah, her children, her ex-husband and surrounding loved ones up before your Incredible Throne of Grace. Thank you, Lord, that you have drawn her to seek Wisdom and Understanding from Your Mighty Hand. We know that even this comes from You. Abba Papa, with humble and grateful hearts, we are expecting to hear and see Great things in Hannah's life and in the lives of those around her, because a contrite heart You NEVER deny. So, we pray for a contrite heart for Hannah...that she will SEE and share what You bring to her heart and her mind. You know how best to accomplish this, as You have in each one of our lives.

Thank you also, Lord, for placing Your servants in Hannah's life to speak Truth and to be a witness and a light. Continue to guide them as Your instrument of Mercy and Grace.

We come against every obstacle that would exalt itself against the knowledge of Christ in Hannah's life, even those false teachings and ideas that are not of You, no matter where they have come from. We declare that she, Hannah, is Your precious daughter this day and that NO weapon formed against her shall prosper. This is the Day of the Lord in her life, her day of Salvation...and we thank you, Awesome Father, that You are the Victorious One!!!
Amen.

Dear Carmen,
I don't know that I know you, but our friend sent your request to me and as I prayed, I felt lead to email this back to you. Please know that what I prayed I truly feel did not come from me, but through me by His Mighty Spirit. Be encouraged yourself, precious sister.

Dear Michele,
I have read and reread your prayer and with tears of thanksgiving and humility before the Grace of our Lord Jesus, I have wept. Thank you for sending on this prayers. I shall save it and pray it repeatedly with you. Your words of encouragement for Hannah and for me have been a great gift. Thank you.

Praise Him who is above all other names!

Love in Christ,

Carmen


May we continue to seek Your face, Lord, in the lives of those we love. May we speak with greater humility and love with greater boldness. May we know that we do not stand in the gap alone. In your will, Lord. Amen.