Monday, May 5, 2008

Little Prism

Lamentations 3:22-26 - Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. I say to myself,"The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for Him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait for the salvation of the Lord.

This is the account of God, of His overwhelming blessing of peace. The Lord covered me, surrounded me, on the clear February morning that my four year old son, Dylan, had triple hernia surgery.


My Dear Sisters,

As I was waiting to hear from my husband from the surgery center, praying over my sweet child and rebuking the fear of the evil one, I was making breakfast for Samantha (2) and Jacob (1). In my kitchen, which faces east, I have a little prism hanging in my window. On an ordinary day, there are usually three or four little rainbows scattered in the kitchen and living room. But today, as I prayed for peace and healing and thought on all that we have learned this week from the book of James about trials and their purpose, I turned from the window to face my kitchen. It was FLOODED with a multitude of beautiful, bright-shining, vibrant rainbows! There were rainbows on the ceiling and on the walls, on the refrigerator and on the cabinets. There were rainbows above and rainbows below. I knew it was the presence of our Holy God. His Spirit surrounded me this morning, and in His presence there is the fullness of joy! What a blessing! The rainbow is a sign of God's covenant to never flood the earth again. It's a sign of God's patience with us and that He sees us and makes us good promises, knowing who and where we are and what we need most! He knew that every time it rained we would fear disaster. So, He set His bow in the sky to help us remember how faithful is He.

He is El Roi, our God who sees each of us. He reminded me of that at 5:30 AM this morning when I kissed my child in the dark and hugged him close. The Lord revealed to me that there are places and things that our children must go through that we can not go and do for them. They must stand on their own to learn things for themselves, to have their own faith proven. This reverberated through me. I realized in my heart just how important it is to make the most of my time with them, to listen to the Holy Spirit's promptings, and to surround my children with God's love, more that anything else. The Savior's Love was the only thing I could give to Dylan to take with him this morning as he walked out of my bedroom, the Love of the Lord - not only how much I love him, but even more, how much his Creator loves him. He needs to know this. Because it's only through God's Love that we can have the confidence to take these trials on face first, clinging to His LOVE. God is Love. How brave a four year old can be! And how precious we all must be to our heavenly Father.

I pray that each of us will know just how much we are loved and treasured by our Lord and Savior. These trials are hard, but they are good, because HE is good. Thank you all so much for covering us with your prayers. How great a God we serve! That we can each come to Him with all that is on our hearts, that He WANTS to fill us with all peace and joy in Christ, is just so amazing. That we each have dear ones, who we love, who are suffering or ignoring His promptings, oh, that He puts them on our hearts to be lifted up to Him! Thank you, Lord! And thank you, my sisters, for that is what you are, nearer and dearer to me than any others because of what He has shared with us. Thank you, Lord! How amazing and how truly humbling.


I pray you are blessed with the knowledge of His love for you and for all whom we have lifted up in prayer to Him. I feel this overwhelmingly and must pass it on to each of you. God bless you!

Love in Christ,

Carmen